Peter Billingham | Public Speaking Coach for Entrepreneurs
Do you have a desire to become a speaker or even just to communicate more effectively as a business owner/entrepreneur?
If your answer is yes, you are in for a treat. 🙂 Today’s guest is Peter Billingham, the Public Speaking Coach for Entrepreneurs. He helps entrepreneurs become better speakers by writing speeches for them and coaching them how to deliver the material (online/face to face). Many business leaders/entrepreneurs are very passionate and knowledgeable about their subject matter but do not have communications skills that allow them to clearly articulate, engage, and call an audience to action.
I met Peter in person twice as he was the emcee for the New Media Europe Conference and did such a fantastic job. As we chatted further, I figured he has massive experience in this area with a very interesting journey as well. In today's interview, you would find us in a more laid-back conversation, but we covered some important topics. Now, let's chat with Peter!
Key Lessons From This Episode:
- The common mistakes of new speakers and how to avoid them
- How I practiced for my stage time on John C Maxwell event and got stand ovation in a 700 plus crowd. Video here for your reference: https://youtu.be/x1N7foD21R0
- Peter’s secret “sticky” technique as event MC and professional speaker
- The quote: “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ~ Helen Keller
Important Links & Mentions in this episode:
- Peter's Book
- Download The Check List to Make Your Speech Memorable
- Peter's websites:
- Kelly’s Speech at John C Maxwell Event
Podcast Subscription Options:
Thank You for Tuning In!
Thank you so much for listening to the show. We know you have given us your most valuable treasure – your time! We don't take it lightly and we truly appreciate it!