#039 Joanna Penn | How to Write, Publish, and Market Your Book
Key Lessons From This Episode:
- Her journey from a highly-paid cubicle slave to a full-time multiple 6-figure income-earner, mainly from her books.
- The right way to review the pros and cons of the self-publishing and traditional publishing:
- As a business owner, your end goal for the book
- The formats you desire to publish
- The amount of control you desire for the book
- How to write books that sell
- Which platforms you’d like to be on
- Financial planning for publishing your books
- Possible income streams from your books
- Major benefits of self-publishing
- How to do time-budgeting for your book writing process
- The right way to price your books
That is Joanna Penn, an award-nominated New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thrillers under J.F.Penn and also writes non-fiction for authors. She’s a professional speaker and award-winning entrepreneur. Her website, TheCreativePenn.com is regularly voted one of the Top 10 sites for writers.
I met Joanna at Youpreneur Summit in London, she was one of the fantastic speakers, her presentation successfully persuaded all 300 plus attendants to write our next books. This is one of those episodes you probably want to download, so you can listen and take notes again.
Now, let’s chat with Joanna!
Important Links & Mentions in this episode:
- Joanna's Website
- Joanna's Twitter Account
- Watchdog Service for Authors
- Subscribe + Review on iTunes
- Subscribe + Review on Spotify
Podcast Subscription Options:
Thank You for Tuning In!
I hope you enjoyed the conversation as much as I did. Joanna has pulled back the curtains and showed us what it really takes to become a successful author and business owner, in this case by writing, publishing, and marketing our books in the right way.
Did you know you can listen to our show on iTunes, Spotify, iHeartRadio, Tunein, GooglePlay, Android, and Stitcher? That means, if you have Alexa from Amazon at home, you can also give the command to play our show, pretty cool, right? Please do Subscribe + Review at https://kellybaader.com/review. It helps more people can find the show, my team and I would really appreciate it!
Remember, YOU Matter! See you in the next episode!